Welcome, sweet potato toast! The perfect baby canapé.
Gluten free, with a main ingredient of sweet potato, this is an amazing recipe for lunch or snacks for your little people.
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax seed (or chia seed or a mix)+ 6 tbsp Water
- 2 1/2 cup Oats, ground into flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup Mashed Sweet Potato Puree (see notes)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Plant Based Milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter (or any other nut butter)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Bake the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes to an hour so that you can scoop out the flesh as a mash.
- Combine 2 tbsp of flax with 6 tbsp of water and set aside.
- Stir together the sweet potato mash, almond Butter, plant milk, flax mix, vanilla Extract, and vinegar
- Add the dry ingredients and pour the mix into a greased cake tin or loaf
- Bake for an hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Store in a sealed container for 3 days